Pushing Limits: From West Point to Berkeley and Beyond. American Mathematical Society (AMS) and Mathematical Association of America (MAA), April 2017. For Amazon link, click here. (To request military discount, please send email to: losososresearch AT gmail.com).
To listen to interview with Mike Breen, click here.
Benford Online Bibliography (www.benfordonline.net) - a free searchable online bibliographic database on Benford's Law (in collaboration with A. Berger and E. Rogers).
2016-2017 Travel & Talks
- Modern Mathematics - International Summer School for Students, Jacobs University, Bremen, Germany, July 1-11, 2017.
- 2017 Joint Mathematics Meetings (MAA and AMS), Atlanta, Jan 4-8, 2017.
- MASS Colloquium, Dept. of Math., Penn State University, Sep 8, 2016.
- Dept. of Math. Colloquium, Penn State University, Sep 8, 2016.
- Dept. of Math. Sciences Seminar, USMA West Point, May 5, 2016.
- Cal Poly Research Scholars in Residence Lecture, San Luis Obispo, Feb 23, 2016.
- Game Theory Workshop Lecture, CIMAT, Feb 6, 2016.
- Cal Poly Women's Club presentation, San Luis Obispo, Jan 28, 2016.
- Pushing Limits: From West Point to Berkeley and Beyond, American Mathematical Society (AMS) and Mathematical Association of America (MAA), April 2017.
- A Mathematical Theory for the Variability Hypothesis (with S. Tabachnikov), accepted for publication in Mathematical Intelligencer (2017).
- A Theory for Gender Differences in Variability (with S. Tabachnikov), math arXiv:1703.04184 [q-bio.PE] posted on March 12 (2017).
- Characterizations of the Bayesian Posterior Distribution in Terms of Self-information and Likelihood Ratios (with M. Dall'Aglio), submitted for publication, Feb (2017).
- What is ... Benford's Law? (with A. Berger), Notices of the AMS 64(2), pp. 132-134 (2017).
- Hubble's Law Implies Benford's Law for Distances to Galaxies (with R. Fox), Journal of Astrophysics and Astronomy 37(1), pp. 1-8 (2016).
- Benford's Law: A curious statistical phenomenon that keeps getting curiouser, Princeton University Press Blog,Oct 6 (2015).
- An Introduction to Benford's Law (with A. Berger), Princeton University Press, May (2015).
- Benford's Law, in The Princeton Companion to Applied Mathematics, ed. N. J. Higham, Princeton University Press, pp. 135-136 (2015).
- A Short Introduction to the Mathematical Theory of Benford's Law (with A. Berger), in Benford's Law - Theory and Applications, ed. S. J. Miller, Princeton University Press, pp. 23-55 (2015).
- Georgia Tech Faculty Retirement Enrichment Experience, 2014.
- Benford's Law and Baseball by K. W. Regan posted July 29, 2012.
- Redefining the kilogram by Bob Grant, The Scientist, July 5, 2012.
- The creativity factor by Charles Day, online editor, Physics Today, Jan 11, 2012.
- Listed in 2011 Marquis Who's Who in America. (Subscription required.)